If you have decided to give ballroom dancing lessons you are going to need dancers and to get dancers you are going to have to market your lessons. It is important to advertise and promote your lessons in order for you to get them to come and you to make a little money.
One of the first things you need to consider when marketing your ballroom dancing lessons is how you are going to get their attention. One way to get an idea for your advertising is to go through various magazines and look at the advertising in those.
Examine what you see, bright colors, printing that is bold, graphics and images, and catchy phrases. Then after you do that, see if you can find advertisements and fliers around town for dance classes. See if there is anything that catches your eye.
It really doesn’t take very much to make your advertising sizzle for your ballroom dancing lessons. If you aren’t able to design your advertising yourself get a friend who can or worst case scenario to hire a graphic artist. If there is competition out there you really will need to make your advertising stand out in the crowd and grab the attention of your audience.
When making a flier consider some of the following tips:
- Try using a less common font style, also make it bigger, think something bold and eye-catching.
- Consider turning the paper sideways instead of the normal way a flier is done. Try experimenting with columns, tables, text boxes, text art different backgrounds and borders. You could also try using different sized paper, a half-page even a bookmark. Spend a little extra on the paper and get bright colors to use.
- If using white paper add color to the design to catch the eye. You don’t have to spend money to do this, if you have your own color printer forget about the professionals and do it yourself.
- You should have a catchy phrase too. These are called tag lines. Get friends to help you come up with a catchy one-liner to attract the attention of potential dance students.
- Add photos of people dancing and put them on the flier at interesting angles and not just plop them on the design.
- Don’t overload the flier with too much information. All you need is your catchy phrase or tag line, the date, time, location, phone or email, and cost of the ballroom dancing lessons. People can call or email you if they have questions.
- Try doing something promotional have a free party opening night, or offer their first dance lesson for free or have four or five coupons on the bottom of the flier they can cut off that offers a discount, this will keep them coming back. Use your imagination.
- Advertise on the Internet through your own website, social networks, or even on Craig’s List. All are free ways to get the news out about your ballroom dance lessons.